OKEECHOBEE -- The Okeechobee County Board of County Commissioners will meet at 9 a.m. on Thursday, June 10 in the Historic Okeechobee County Courthouse.
Items on the agenda include:
• Commissioners will receive an overview from Ms. Linda Syfrett of the Okeechobee County Fair Association on the 2021 County Fair.
• Commissioners will review a request from the Okeechobee Bulls Youth Athletic League for a fee waiver in the total amount of $1,400 for field usage, field lining, tournament fees, and special event fees for a football tournament scheduled for July 31, 2021 to host games on five practice fields.
• Commissioners will consider a request from Aneta Boswell to serve alcohol at her private event scheduled at the Douglas Brown Community Center on July 31, 2021 from 6 p.m. to midnight.
• Brandi Joiner, property owner, will present a request for a change in zoning from the existing classification of Commercial (C) to the proposed classification of Residential General (RG) for a 2-acre property at 250 NW 23rd Lane.
• Commissioners will review and discuss the information provided pertaining to the Lot 9 Building in the Okeechobee County Airport Industrial Park and; and provide staff with direction.